Background


Sunday, November 28, 2010

Welcome Baby Tommy!

Rob and I began our morning on Friday, June 4th as we had every Friday prior for the past several weeks...PRAYING and HOPING that today would be the day my OB/GYN, Dr. Christina Simpson, would say, "OK...let's go meet your baby boy today!" Please keep in mind I was SO HUGE and miserable and ready to meet him so very much that I could hardly wait.

I went into see the doctor for my weekly routine visit on Friday afternoon and she said I had not yet progressed enough to induce that day, so she scheduled me for an induction the following Friday, June 11, 2010. Little did we know that we would meet Mr. Tommy the next day! I remember eating sushi on Friday night and feeling very crummy and around 8:00 p.m. I started to have contraction pains that would not go away. From that point on it is a bit of a blur, but I went to the North Central Baptist Hospital at around 1:30 a.m. and they admitted me into Labor & Delivery at around 6:30 a.m. Saturday, June 5th. One little fun fact for you Tommy...your Mom requested an Epidural and felt GREAT at around 11:00 a.m. Later that afternoon around 3:00 p.m. (I will never forget this) your daddy was rubbing my leg and I suddenly realized...I can feel you do that! Then I asked him to touch my feet and I could feel everything! This was a bit terrifying considering I knew I was about to deliver, but we did it together. All I can remember is the moment I held you for the very first time and how happy I was to finally meet you.

Thomas Robert Gish III was born at 3:28 p.m. that afternoon and the rest is history. Here are some wonderful pics of that day and the days to follow. We love you Tommy!






















No comments:

Post a Comment